Building a house or sauna on the water
Benefits of a Floating Platforms
- Provides you with extra space for activities like fishing or docking a boat.
- Allows you to store light equipment such as beach furniture, barbecue grills, and associated equipment. These need to be properly strapped down, or they may fall into the water with the motion of the waves.
- Most modular designs do not split, crack or rot. These designs tend to withstand both fresh and saline water lasting for many years.
- They are relatively easy to construct within a short time frame.
- You can order customized docks from the manufacturer to suit your needs. Floating work platforms are available in many styles, designs, colors, heights, and other accessories.
- Most of the newer floating platform constructions have an anti-slip surface that allows you to walk without fear of slipping on the wet platform.
- Floating platforms are also designed with materials that do not pass heat to your feet on a hot day.
- You can even have floating platforms that have a side rope railing to help you walk without fear of falling into the water.
The choice of floats for a floating terrace or a base for a house depends on the weight of the structure that is planned to be placed on the platform. Floats are most often used for the construction of platforms with small loads - 1000L. By combining them in unlimited quantities, we can manufacture a platform with an impressive load-bearing capacity for your sauna or jacuzzi.
In the case of building a house, we always choose concrete floats - BP300 that have a bearing capacity of three tons. By combining multiple floats in one platform, we can provide stability for a whole house of 50 sqm or more.
Some examples of floating platforms with bearing capacity
Floating platforms can be of any size and bearing capacity. It all depends on the type and number of floats. Depending on your needs in size and bearing capacity, we will select and design an individual version specifically for your needs.
Should I hire a professional platform installer?
For most people, hiring a professional installer is the best way to build a floating platform. This allows you to customize the platform, and you will not have to worry about the equipment, tools, and colors. PONTON.LV experienced installers will take care of all the issues and even offer you advice on maintenance.
COSTS OF INSTALLING A FLOATING DECK
The cost of installing a floating dock depends on the size, number of drums, type of material, and other accessories such as the gangway.